Our Uniqueness/ Curriculum
Emergency Measures Policy
Contact Method for School Closure Due to a Natural Disaster
System for School Closure Notice
- When the school decides to close on the previous day:
- When a condition is foreseeable (ex: typhoon), the school will notify home the day before the school closure. A letter is sent home, if possible. A mass e-mail system is used if a letter cannot be prepared before the students' dismissal time.
- In this case, the school will be closed regardless of the weather conditions the next day.
- Notice sent by a mass e-mail system in the morning (around 6:00am)
< When Students Arrive to School >In case the students were unaware of the closure and arrive to school
- The school will consider various factors and make the best possible judgment
- When the school considers it is safe to let the students leave school, teachers will ensure the safety of the students by communicating with parents and giving safety instructions.
< Measures for Early Dismissal Due to an Approaching Typhoon >
- The school may cancel classes and dismiss students before public transportation systems stop, or a storm approaches the school district.
- The school will notify the home of early dismissal by a mass e-mail system